Sunday, December 21, 2008

First solids!

Yesterday was the day that we started the babies on rice cereal! and What a mess!! but before I tell you how things went, I'll give you a little background on our previous routine. Every morning we would mix one can of Alecare formula into a pitcher! yes! we mix a pitcher everyday! that's a great time saving:) it will be crazy to mix formula for 3 babies every time you have to feed them! so we found this gallon size pitcher at the Pampered Chef web site and ordered one:) I already had a 1/2 a gallon pitcher for juice before babies were around and one day we thought "hey this could be a great way to mix formula" and that's how we got started:) but very soon we realized that we needed something bigger than a 1/2 gallon! so we got the 1 gallon and it works great! the best thing about this pitcher is the plunger! so we just made a mark on how many ounces of water we need for one can of formula, dump the whole can and then mix with the nice plunger! and we're all done for a 24 hours period! yay!!
Here is the proud mommy mixing formula;)

Well Ok, enough about the pitcher. We got ready right before their second feeding and place them in their chairs, mix 3 bowls of cereal and 3 spoons one for each one. Then we fed them all at the same time, keeping track of the bowls and spoons, what a mess!! first of all , I made too much for each baby! that I ended up dumping the left over in their bottle, Oopsis! and 3 bowls and 3 spoons?! forget about that! that was crazy too! it's too much to keep tack so today I only mix one bowl and one spoon! you are probably thinking gross! but hey, they chew and drool on the same toys so what's the difference? Yesterday went well for the most part, but it was too much mess and confusion! so today I tried less food for each and as I said just one bowl and one spoon! things went at lot better!!! and there was no leftover to feed through the bottle:) I attached some pictures:)
Here is Arianna, she loved it!! she did the best!! and ate the most!!! way to go Ariannita!!

Alea well does a VERY different story! she hated it!! not interested! disgusted as soon as the spoon gets close to her! but we'll keep trying!!

Armando I don't know what to tell you there, he didn't have much of any expressions to give away weather he liked it! but he ate it so I'm assuming it's ok.
Grandma has been making baby food like a mad woman ha ha ha ha ha ha ha so our freezer is getting full:) we have butter nut squash, 2 types of squash that I have no clue on the named and carrots:) I'll post some pictures of our baby food later, I hear some babies waking up from their naps!
Mensaje para mi papi! querido abuelito mire como estamos aqui comiendo y creciendo! gracias por todas sus oraciones y estamos muy contentos de sabes que por fin nos conoceremos el verano que viene si nuestro Dios nos lo permite:) le daremos muchos besitos, abrazos y apretones, besos! sus nietesitos que los adoran mucho;)

1 comment:

Evan, Mindy, Denver, and Makenna said...

Oh my goodness! I love all the pictures in your last 3 posts! So much fun and so cute! I told you that once you start feeding them food you were going to realize you had your work "really" cut out for you! Good luck and keep it up.